The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related topic.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
Brief Description of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP)
Host Organization: Japan Gov’t/World Bank
Course level: Masters degree
Eligible Countries: Developing country nationals of World Bank Member Countries
Scholarship Location: Selected Countries
Worth of Award: A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Application Deadline: 21 May 2021 (annual)
Worth of award/inclusions/duration
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be a national of a World Bank member country on this list;
• Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
• Be in good health;
• Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
• Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
• Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
• On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
• Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Method of Application of The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The 2021 Application round will open on 22 March 2021.
To be considered for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, you must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admissions to at least one of the Participating Programs. The scholarship application must be submitted online before 21 May 2021. In your application, YOU NEED TO UPLOAD AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from a participating master’s degree program.
It is important to visit the Application Guidelines official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more information, visit the Official Scholarship Website: http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships
Note: Note that BRAINASTRO.COM does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. We only provide you with information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.